WALK ALL OVER WATERLOO
Saturday July 23, 2011, starting at 4pm
Free live music, classic cars, DJs, parties, sales, drink specials, art, shopping, competitive yo-yoing, and more!
· The 2011 Ohio State Yo-Yo Contest, organized by the Cleveland Yo-Yo Club, takes place before Walk All Over Waterloo, in the Beachland Ballroom from 9am-4pm. The Cleveland Yo-Yo Club is hosting an after party for the contest from 5pm-9pm.
· Music Saves 7th Birthday Bash is a free early show at the Beachland Tavern with Founding Fathers (5pm), Black Puddle Noise (6pm) and Obnox (7pm) and DJ Fuzzy spinning tunes between sets. The Beachland’s kitchen will have a special cookout menu during the event.
· The 2nd Annual Car Show at the SS&W Boardwalk starts off with the Del Rio Bandits performing outside (4pm) and finishes with a set by Madison Crawl (10pm) inside the SS&W Boardwalk. Car registration is $10 in advance or $20 the day of. Call 216-481-0077 to register.
· Sandinista! Art Inspired by the Music of The Clash, features works by 30 artists interpreting the lyrics and music of punk rock band The Clash. Many of the artists will be on hand during the opening from 4pm-10pm. Light refreshment will be served from 6pm-10pm.
· Plus: Arts Collinwood will have films related to The Clash playing in the gallery and drink specials in the cafe; all proceeds from The Cafe at Arts Collinwood benefit their non-profit education and community outreach efforts. Blue Arrow Records will have DJs spinning tunes in store throughout the evening. Be sure to check out our two newest businesses Cloud9 Boutique and No Problem Printing & Design, the latter also houses a gallery and a skate shoppe. Stop in at our other stores and businesses for other fun specials, sales, and new merchandise. There are two additional paid concerts in the Beachland Ballroom and Tavern during the evening.
Additional info about the Waterloo Arts District:
The Waterloo Arts District, in Cleveland’s historic North Shore Collinwood neighborhood, is conveniently located just off of I-90, ten minutes east of downtown Cleveland (GPS to Waterloo Rd. and E. 156th, Cleveland, OH 44110). The Waterloo Arts District contains a unique blend of locally owned, independent businesses and non-profit organizations. The district is home to the Beachland Ballroom & Tavern, Arts Collinwood, the Zaller Gallery, Music Saves, Blue Arrow Records & Boutique, Star Pop vintage + modern, Native Cleveland, This Way Out Vintage Shoppe, No Problem Printing & Design Studio, Rebel City Tattoo Studio, The Head Shop, Cloud9 Boutique, the Cleveland Yo-Yo Club, Azure Stained Glass Studio, the SS&W Boardwalk, Fotina’s Family Restaurant, Waterloo 7 Studio, the Slovenian Workmen’s Home, Northeast Shores Development Corporation, and more! Check out www.waterlooartsdistrict.com for even more info!